ISO 20000 Standard is known as Information Technology- Service Management System. This standard allows IT service provider organizations to achieve conformance to a service management system which requires them to continually improve their delivery of IT services. ISO 20000 was first released in 2005 and the second updated edition is released in 2011.
Now a day an increasing number of organizations are implementing an IT Service Management System (ITSMS), based on ISO 20000 as a solution to this business requirement. By certifying through ISO 20000 consultancy for IT Services to the IT standard companies, they are able to demonstrate their customers independently for meeting best industry practices.
ISO 20000 standards helps organizations to
- Ensure the effective running and delivery of IT services
- Continually improve processes
- Drive customer focus
All this can be carried out by applying following strategies.
- Provision of services (Service Management) - Covers the company's service requires the supplier to provide adequate support for enterprise users. Includes capacity management , financial management for IT services , Availability Management , Service Level Management and Continuity Management ;
- Application Management - Includes the life cycle of software development, spending matters dealt superficially to support the life cycle of software and testing services. Applications Management also provides details on the changes in the business, emphasizing clear requirements definitions and implementations of solutions to meet the business user's needs ;
- Infrastructure IT and Telecommunications Management - Covers all aspects of identifying business needs , through the proposal process , test , implementation of the installation and continuous optimization computer components and computer network infrastructure and IT services ;
- Security management - Safety approaches from the perspective of the service provider. Identifies and indicates the level necessary to provide for the organization of comprehensive security services ;
- Implement planning IT service management - Explains the steps necessary for an organization to identify the benefits and how to start collecting such benefits. It helps organizations identify their strengths and weaknesses, reinforcing the former to overcome the latter ;
- Business Perspective - Offers advice and guidance to help IT staff understand how they can contribute to company goals and how their functions and services can be better aligned and explored to maximize this contribution. One of the main factors of the ITIL increasing success is its flexibility, because it should be implemented as part of a business methodology that involves service management processes.